1. You must have an appointment. No walk-ins accepted. Please call schedule online on our website's homepage.
2. We recommend that you have your pet vaccinated at least two weeks prior to your scheduled appointment. It takes two weeks for most vaccinations to become effective. Our top priority is the safety of your pet. By vaccinating your dog against distemper/parvo and Bordetella and your cat against feline distemper and upper respiratory diseases at least two weeks prior to his or her surgery, he or she will have the most protection from those diseases. If your pet has not been vaccinated, we can administer these vaccines at the time of surgery. Please ask for pricing.
3. All adult animals must have food and water withdrawn the night before surgery at 12:00 a.m.
4. Check-in time is 7:30-8:30 am. the day of the surgery. Your pet will not be admitted before 7:30 a.m. If you arrive after 8:30 a.m. we may not be able to admit your pet for surgery – we will ask you to reschedule your appointment. We have a very strict surgical schedule that must be followed.
5. Please leave your animal in the car until you have completed all the required paperwork. A technician will advise you when to get your pet. You must complete the necessary admission form when you arrive. This usually takes just a few minutes to complete.
6. We require that you abide by NC state law and have a current rabies vaccination for your pet. If your pet isn’t up to date on his/her shot, we will administer it at the time of surgery for $15. If your pet does have a rabies vaccine, please bring proof in the form of a certificate.
7. All dogs must be on a leash. All cats must be in a cat carrier (only one cat per carrier). If you are bringing in a feral cat, please call us for admittance instructions, 910.253.8161. All feral cats must come in traps.
8. We accept cash, debit and credit cards. We do NOT accept checks. We do NOT accept CARE Credit.
9. We do not board pets. Pick up time is generally between 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. We may call you if your dog is ready to go. Your animal MUST be picked up by 5:00 p.m. on the day of surgery.